March 16 - March 29
Sunday Morning Worship Services are recorded and placed ONLINE only at www.powhatanbaptist.org, YouTube and Facebook.
No meetings at the building and plans are made for online Bible Studies.
Healthcare workers and the most vulnerable receive specific attention.
March 30 - May 23
All Worship Services are recorded and ONLINE ONLY. A small team of worship leaders, pastors and technical support gather weekly with social distancing to record and provide content.
Small Group Bible Studies, Youth Group and Prayer Meetings held ONLINE only.
At Home Worship Guides and Childrens resources made available weekly along with mid-week devotions.
The Church Office is open daily with Pastor Brad the only one in the building. Visitation only to those with extreme needs.
May 24 - June 30
With the move to Phase 2 in Virginia and the opening of churches to begin meeting in person, many preparations have been made to help with safety.
1. The church met one week indoors with social distancing, attendance by reservation only, many facemasks, marked off pews, and many other restrictions.
2. The quick decision was made to move outdoors for worship, encouraging social distancing.
During Phase 2, all worship services are held outdoors, with social distancing encouraged.
Small Group Bible Studies continue to meet ONLINE.
Children's Ministry begins to meet in mid-June OUTDOORS.
Youth Group begins to meet in mid-June OUTDOORS.
The Church Office remains open with Pastor Brad and a small group of volunteers who come weekly for various tasks.
July 1 - ?
Worship services continue OUTDOORS with contingency plans to move indoors for inclement weather. New service times of 8:30AM and 10:15AM to help with the heat.
If indoor services are necessary, all CDC and VDH guidelines will be followed. (ie 50% capacity, facemasks, distancing)
OPBCKids begins meeting indoors in the fellowship hall with social distancing and leaders wearing masks. This is due to the heat.
OPBCStudents continue to meet on the front lawn.
Small Group Bible Studies and Sunday School classes move to IN PERSON meetings at homes, outdoors or with social distancing.
Starting Date: November 1, 2020
As Virginia continues to move forward in reopening, the Elders will be meeting to make long term decisions that will allow the church to make forward moves without having to adjust too many times. Please be in prayer for us to be able to return to worship indoors in person soon. Please consider how you will volunteer and how you will make concessions for the good of others as we seek to grow in unity as we worship the Lord together.
On November 1, 2020 we will begin meeting for worship services in the building at 8:30AM and 10:15AM. Due to the removal of many restrictions, this will allow us to make reasonable safety responses to COVID-19 and yet continue to allow us to meet as a church. However, we want to hear the concerns of our church members and best minister to ALL needs within the church body. Here is the plan:
1. Worship at 8:30AM WITH MANDATORY FACEMASKS - this is the best option for those who are most vulnerable.
2. Worship at 10:15AM with social distancing. Facemasks are strongly encouraged in the building and tent. We leave decisions to personal conscience while the Elders ask that we defer to the needs of others over our own personal liberty. Social distancing is requested wherever possible inside the building to meet the needs of many of our members.
2. Overflow seating with social distancing will be available in an enclosed and heated tent on the front lawn where the service will be shown in HD on 2 70" monitors.
3. OPBCKids Ministry and Nursery will be available during the 10:15AM service. Register your children for OPBCKids and Nursery at tinyurl.com/opbckids.
4. Small Group Studies and Sunday School classes will transition to midweek studies in homes.
5. January 2021 will be a reevaluation of Sunday morning Bible Studies.